May 26, 2009

I'm Back... but not For long! Only 14 days left of Mission!

Hey EVERYBODY!!!

I'm So sorry about me not writing every Saturday anymore, i just can't find Internet that much in the Farm land of New Jersey! But When i do i make sure all Post to You all! Thank You for the few that have stuck wit me and keep checking back if I've posted anything!

Any way, These past few weeks have been crazy! I have been to several Nursing homes, done some Steeple Chasing, been to a BROADWAY PLAY and have been to the ER! I think these past 2 weeks just topped the crazy list of Crazy weeks in CP!

Starting from the top, Sunday the 17th! Wow what a Sunday Show, Suzy the other girl on my team left to go home for the weekend for her Grandma's 80th b-day/ Family Reunion! While the day after (Friday) she left i got really sick (the perfect time to..yeah right!) My eye got really red and burned and i felt really Hot and just not well at all! It got to the point where i could not see but an outline of people and shapes! So Saturday my Boss took one look at me and said i was going to the ER! So i went, when i walked in i told them who i was and where i had been the past few Days that i had been in Queens (they have had several cases of swan flu there)! They put a mask on me while i waited for an hour in the ER to get looked at! Come to find out I just had the normal Flu and had scratched my eye some how! While they gave me some Eye drops and sent me on my way, but i still felt like Crap! So Sunday Show i wasn't going to be at my best and i wasn't I did 2 plays and the guys handled the rest! Don the new missioner on our unit handled it so well, i was so proud of him! It went off great and the Church was so sweet to me and took care of me so well! But these past to weeks i have been getting better! I have one and off days with my eyes, some days i can wear contacts and some days i got around blind (glasses are broken) So that was just the Start of my week! I missed several shows after that getting better Monday and Tuesday!

But Wednesday, That was the best day ever! We had a School Show in the Morning then had the After Noon off Cuz I FINALLY GOT TO SEE A BROADWAY PLAY!!!! That's right and not just any Broadway Play GUYS AND DOLLS!!!Larry my Unit leader had a friend who had some coupons for the show! So we got 3rd ROW CENTER for $90! It was Awesome!!! I had so much fun! We spent four hours before the show just walking around in NYC then had to the Theater! It was the best day ever!!!! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I feel so blessed that God worked it out so we could go see a Show! We were really worried because of how much money it was we weren't going to get to! But WE did and i feel like I've had the FULL New York City Trip! I Love it here there just so much life!

Ok, So after that high of going to a Broadway play we had a slow week ahead with only 2 nursing home shows and No Sunday! But We went out Steeple Chasing but go nothing! So far this mission that makes it 2 Sunday that we have not had a show! Which is not bad at all! Its just kinda of a bummer thing at the end of mission not to have a Sunday wit a Show!

Coming UP! There only 14 days left of this Mission! We have 13 shows of the 14 day we have left, so to say the lest we are CRAZY busy!We have the Chesapeake Unit coming and help us with our double bookings (2 shows that we've booked on the same day)! So that should be fun to Hang out with a another unit on the last week of mission! I fly to Texas the 9th of June! I will be in Lawton around the 11th or 12th for all you Lawton friends out there!

Prayers to left up Please! My Health for these next 2 weeks with my Eyes and Body! Also i just working together with my unit with all the stress and stuff! Then with getting Lines down, its really hard to stay focused when You Can't wait to see all ur family and Friends!

Please...if Anyone else is still interested in Supporting me over the Summer e-mail with your questions at TheSamSmith@gmail.com!
Thanks!

Loves+Hugs to you all!
Hopefully all be seeing some of you soon!
-Sam

P.s. There should be at lest 2 more blogs for this mission coming still! So Stay tuned....

4 comments:

Smart said...

do you know where you are going after this...next fall?

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear more about the Steeple Chasing? Did you jump over fences on a horse or were you just chasing Church Steeples?

Sam said...

LOL! No... no nothing like that! We just drive around to all the churchs in the area! Then go in and ask them if they want to use us! Thats all, nothing really like the real Steeple Chasing!

Sam said...

Hannah Smart,
I'm sorry i don't find out until the middle of August! I will be sure to tell you when i know, 1st thing!